Sandeep Johar, DO
Board-Certified in Sports Medicine
- Board-Certified: Board Certified in Emergency Medicine - Sports Medicine
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY
- Externship: Spine, Sports & Musculoskeletal Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Residency: Emergency Medicine, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Internship/Residency: Emergency Medicine, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- DO: New York College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYCOM), Old Westbury, NY
- Masters: Physiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute/University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- BS: Biochemistry, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Hospital Affiliations: St. Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury Hospital, Griffin Hospital
- Office locations:
Waterbury: 500 Chase Parkway
Prospect: 166 Waterbury Road
Torrington: 16 School Street
Shelton: 330 Bridgeport Avenue
- Member: American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, Connecticut Pain Society, Academy of Integrative Pain Management, American College of Emergency Physicians.
Dr. Sandeep Johar’s educational and clinical background in interventional pain management, sports medicine and emergency medicine brings a unique skill set to our Pain Management team. After more than 10 years in hospital and private practice, Dr. Johar joined NOSS in 2016 as part of our multi-disciplinary approach to care. He has published in peer-review about interventional pain management, and has a strong clinical interest in non-surgical management of pain and mobility challenges.
Dr. Johar’s goal is to help restore and improve quality of life by decreasing pain and restoring the maximum level of function and independence for his patients. His multi-disciplinary background enables him to collaborate with our other specialists to ensure patients have a comprehensive treatment plan. He works diligently and empathetically with patients and their families to develop customized treatment plans that meet each individual’s needs. Treatment plans often include a combination of modalities -- medical, interventional and rehabilitation therapies – drawing on the breadth of Dr. Johar’s background.
Dr. Johar has several current and past appointments to medical school faculty. He also enjoys presenting educational programs to patients and the general public, to help people gain a better understanding of their own healthcare and the array of options available through interventional pain management.
For more about Sandeep Johar, DO or to schedule an appointment, call 203-755-6677 (NOSS) or toll-free at 1-800-463-8764. You can also request an appointment via our easy online form.