- Degenerative Cervical and lumbar conditions
- Brain and Spinal tumors
- Nervous system diseases
Area's of Expertise
Judith L. Gorelick, MD, FAANS, FABNS, FACS
“Our goal is not just to make numbers and test results look better; it is to make our patients feel better and enjoy an excellent quality of life.”
Dr. Gorelick is one of the few female neurosurgeons in the state of CT and has more than 16 years of clinical experience. Her practice focuses on the comprehensive treatment of degenerative cervical and lumbar spinal conditions, as well as the surgical treatment of brain and spinal tumors. Dr. Gorelick also has extensive expertise in stereotactic radiosurgery for the treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the nervous system.
Dr. Gorelick has published many scholarly articles, teaches spinal anatomy at the Yale School of Medicine, and actively lectures to both community and industry on a wide variety of neurosurgical topics. She is respected for her dedicated and compassionate approach to patient care as well as the extra effort she makes to educate her patients on the problem they are facing and the possible options for treatment. Dr. Gorelick stresses that a patient who understands their condition is in the best position to make informed choices about their care. She has been consistently recognized by her peers as one of Connecticut’s top doctors, and was recognized by Becker’s Spine Reivew as one of the “38 female spine surgeon leaders to know” (Oct 2016).
Dr. Gorelick has extensive experience with independent medical evaluations and expert case reviews.
Education and Qualifications
- Board-Certified: American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellow: American Academy of Neurological Surgeons, American Board of Neurological Surgeons, American College of Surgeons
- Residency: Neurosurgery, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI
- Internship: General Surgery, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI
- MD: New York University, New York, NY
- BS: Neuroscience, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Leadership Positions: Section Chief of Neurosurgery, Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT; Medical Advisory Board, State of CT Worker’s Compensation Commission; Committee on Applicants, American College of Surgeons, CT Chapter
- Hospital Staff: Griffin Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Saint Mary’s Hospital (Waterbury, CT), Midstate Medical Center (Meriden, CT)
- Member: Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), Fellow of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society (AOA), fellow of the American College of Surgeons (ACS), Women in Neurosurgery (WINS), Connecticut State Neurosurgical Society, Connecticut State Medical Society