- Spine care
- Musculoskeletal conditions
Area's of Expertise
Mark Mashia, DC, MS
“I enjoy seeing my patients every day, I enjoy helping people. I am truly amazed that someone can come into my office hunched over in pain, and leave standing up after a few short treatments.”
Dr. Mark Mashia chose to change careers and become a chiropractor after receiving chiropractic care… and experiencing great results. Today, after nearly 20 years in practice, he enjoys helping people by delivering conservative spine care that reduces pain and restores function with noninvasive techniques. Dr. Mashia’s care is marked by his easy-going manner, approachability and listening skills, along with genuine concern and compassion. Central to Dr. Mashia’s style and approach is his own experience with pain and a deep understanding of what you’re going through.
Dr. Mashia offers treatment for headaches as well as musculoskeletal conditions that lead to pain in the neck, back or extremities. His clinical interests include treating sports injuries and occupational injuries, and he develops tailored treatments based on your individual needs and focused on your overall well-being. Dr. Mashia emphasizes self-care and therapeutic exercise along with chiropractic techniques. In addition, Dr. Mashia provides acupuncture treatment for the relief of pain, including cancer pain and treatment-related side effects. He completed his training in acupuncture through a Harvard Medical School program and practices a Japanese style of acupuncture based on the work of Master Nagano and internationally known Kiikko Matsumoto.
Education and Qualifications
- Board-Certified: National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- DC: New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY
- Acupuncture Certification: Structural Acupuncture for Physicians (300-hour Certification Program), Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA
- MS: Managed Care Systems, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- BS: Environmental Science, Eastern Connecticut State University, Willimantic, CT
- Hospital Affiliation: St Mary’s Hospital