John G. Strugar, MD
- Board-Certified: American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellowship: Skull Base Surgery, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Residency: Neurosurgery, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT;
- Research Fellow: Angiogenesis & Brain Edema Research Laboratory, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- Internship: Surgery, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- MD: New York University, New York, NY
- BA: Chemistry, New York University, New York, NY
- Leadership Positions: Chief of Spine and Skull-Base Surgery, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT; Chief of Neurosurgery, Waterbury Hospital, Waterbury, CT
- Associated Clinical Professor: Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- Hospital Staff: St. Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Member: Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), CNS Educational Committee, CNS International Committee, American Medical Association, Connecticut State Neurosurgical Society, Connecticut Medical Society, North American Spine Society, Romanian Medical Society
Dr. Strugar’s areas of expertise as a neurosurgeon extend to spine tumors, cervical spine disorders and head and brain trauma. Fellowship-trained in skull base surgery, Dr. Strugar has deep expertise with intracranial injury. He is also extensively experienced in the surgical treatment of the spine, having performed numerous disc arthoplasties (artificial disc surgery) and minimally invasive spine surgeries, as well as combination arthroplasty and fusion surgery to treat complex spine disease.
Dr. Strugar has published and presented on a wide range of topics, including brain tumors, spine tumors, acute spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury. A caring, dedicated and respected neurosurgeon, he is also highly experienced with independent medical evaluations and expert reviews of medical records.
For more about John G. Strugar, MD or to schedule an appointment, call 203-755-6677 (NOSS) or toll-free at 1-800-463-8764. You can also request an appointment via our easy online form.