As health care providers in pain management, we recognize the complex nature of pain. Pain is multidimensional and affects the mind, body, and spirit which requires a multi-disciplinary approach to treating all kinds of pain. Our goal is to minimize pain with multiple modalities in order to improve daily function and increase quality of life.
Suzan Shehu, MSN, APRN, NP-BC
Education and Qualifications
- Certified: ANCC certified Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Certifications: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, & Pediatric Advanced Life Support certifications
- Licensure: Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Connecticut Registered Nurse
- Awards: St. Mary’s Hospital Graduate Nursing Scholarship; WCSU Graduate Nursing Student Scholarship
- Member: Connecticut Advanced Practice Registered Nurses Society Member; American Nurses Association Member; Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society Member
- Language skills: Fluent in Albanian
- Degrees: Bachelor of Science in Nursing –D’Youville College in Buffalo, NY; Master of Science in Nursing, Adult Nurse Practitioner-Western Connecticut State University in Danbury, CT
- Experience: Over ten years of experience in acute care with focus on post-surgical patients and critically ill patients while working in post-anesthesia recovery unit and the trauma intensive care unit. Also nurse practitioner experiences include focus on the primary care and long-term care setting treating the acute and chronically ill adult and geriatric population.