Alan S. Waitze, MD, FAANS
- Board-Certified: American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellow: American Academy of Neurological Surgeons
- Fellowship: Neurosurgery, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Residency: Neurosurgery, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Internship: General Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- MD: Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- BA: Biology, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA
- Awards: One of Connecticut’s Top Neurosurgeons, Connecticut Magazine
- Hospital Affiliations: St. Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury Hospital, Griffin Hospital
- Office location: Waterbury: 500 Chase Parkway
- Member: American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Connecticut State Medical Society, New Haven County Medical Society, North American Spine Society
Dr. Waitze is an experienced leader in neurosurgical spine care in Connecticut. He has extensive training in complex spine surgery and specializes in degenerative disease and trauma of the spine. He is recognized as an innovator who has helped bring the newest, most advanced techniques and treatments to Greater Waterbury, including lateral interbody fusion, for which he is among a select group of elite surgeons qualified to perform this procedure.
Named by Connecticut Magazine as one of the state’s top neurosurgeons, Dr. Waitze today travels the world teaching advanced spine surgery techniques to other top-tier specialists. His care is marked by his unswerving commitment to delivering leading-edge care with a personal touch, spending the time to inform patients about their condition and options and always considering nonsurgical treatments first. Dr. Waitze brings to NOSS’ state-of-the-art capabilities his expertise in back and neck surgery, degenerative and traumatic disorders, spinal cord injuries and spine diseases. Dr. Waitze is also a recognized expert providing independent medical evaluations and medical record reviews.
For more about Alan S. Waitze, MD, FAANS or to schedule an appointment, call 203-755-6677 (NOSS) or toll-free at 1-800-463-8764. You can also request an appointment via our easy online form.