Frederick J. Watson, MD
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Board-Certified: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT
- MD: University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
- BS: Biology, Summa Cum Laude, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- Hospital Staff: Waterbury Hospital, St. Mary’s Hospital, Southington Surgery Center
- Hospital Affiliations: Waterbury Hospital, St. Mary’s Hospital, Hospital of Central Connecticut, Naugatuck Valley Surgical Center, Southington Surgery Center
- Team Physician: Post University Athletics
- Member: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
Dr. Frederick J. Watson is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon and fellowship-trained sports medicine physician. While he is an experienced and accomplished surgeon, Dr. Watson believes that the mainstay of care for most orthopaedic conditions relies on nonsurgical interventions. He is a team physician for intercollegiate athletics for a local university.
Well trained, highly credentialed and broadly experienced, Dr. Watson provides complete orthopaedic care. His clinical interests include arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, knee, ankle and elbow as well as operative and nonoperative fracture care. Dr. Watson also provides expert services, including independent medical evaluations and medical record reviews.
For more about Frederick J. Watson, MD or to schedule an appointment, call 203-755-6677 (NOSS) or toll-free at 1-800-463-8764. You can also request an appointment via our easy online form.