Michael E. Karnasiewicz, MD, FAANS
- Board-Certified: American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Fellow: American Academy of Neurological Surgeons
- Fellowship: Neurosurgery, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT
- Residency: Neurosurgery, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- Internship: General Surgery, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- MD: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- BA: Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Awards: Best Doctors in America (multiple years between 2003-2014)
- Leadership Positions: Former Board of Directors, Saint Mary’s Hospital
- Hospital Staff: Saint Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury Hospital
- Office location: Waterbury: 500 Chase Parkway
- Member: American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, North American Spine Society, Connecticut Neurosurgical Society, Connecticut State Medical Society, New Haven County Medical Society, Waterbury Medical Association
Yale-trained, highly-credentialed and clinically accomplished with more than 30 years’ experience, Dr. Karnasiewicz is recognized as one of the leading neurological spine surgeons in the region. He is sought-after to treat the most challenging spine problems, including revision surgery. Dr. Karnasiewicz is also known for his direct, honest approach and dedication to finding the best treatment options — surgical and nonsurgical — for each individual.
During his notable career, Dr. Karnasiewicz has performed more than 6,000 spine surgeries. He has been named to Best Doctors in America in multiple years. Dr. Karnasiewicz is also recognized as a fair and expert case evaluator by Connecticut’s Workers’ Compensation Commission, for whom he has conducted thousands of exams. Dr. Karnasiewicz is a founding partner of NOSS and serves as the practice’s president and CEO.
For more about Michael E. Karnasiewicz, MD, FAANS or to schedule an appointment, call 203-755-6677 (NOSS) or toll-free at 1-800-463-8764. You can also request an appointment via our easy online form.