In our daily life we stress our joints through repetitive movement.
Sometimes our injuries develop over long periods of time. Other times there is a single traumatic event such as improper lifting of a heavy object. Both can be addressed through a simple adjustment by an experienced chiropractor.
Chiropractic medicine involves non-invasive manipulation of a joint or joints to provide relief from pain and a variety of ailments. Subluxated (restricted in movement) spinal joints can cause chemical and physical changes around the joint that can cause pain and affect the nervous system.
Connecticut state licensed chiropractor Dr. Mark Mashia provides individually-tailored treatment programs involving hands-on manipulations and other techniques to apply specific, controlled pressure into a joint that has become misaligned or subluxated. He also recommends specific, home-based, corrective exercises to support recovery from injury to prevent future injuries.
Dr. Mashia's Services:
- Spinal manipulation
- Extremity joint manipulation
- Passive joint mobilization techniques
- Manual lumbar traction/decompression
- Cervical mechanical traction
- Manual trigger point therapy
– Traditional body acupuncture
– Dry needling
– Auricular acupuncture
– Yamamoto scalp acupuncture
– Cosmetic acupuncture
– Electro acupuncture
- Physiotherapy Equipment
– Electrical muscle stimulation
– Warm/Cold packs
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Migraine & muscle tension headaches
- Myofascial pain/trigger points
- Neck & back conditions (sprain/strain, osteoarthritis, discogenic, facet mediated, etc.)
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Arthritic knee pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Epicondylitis/Radial tunnel syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Stress/anxiety disorders
- Cancer treatment related side-affects: (dry mouth/eye, nausea, neuropathies, arthralgia/myalgias and anxiety)
For more information about improving your quality of life through chiropractic care, or to schedule an appointment, call 203-755-6677. Or request an appointment using our online form.